secondnature RESIDENT AND BLANKSTAIRS ALUM ARCHIVIST CRAFTS A DARK AND DANCEFLOOR-READY MOTOR MIX
Setting the tone for the dim months ahead with an ominous opening, our first mix of 2016 from Archivist (Alex Markey) quickly finds its pace with hard beats and metallic clangs. From there we travel across myriad styles of percussion from bouncing rhythms and marching drums, to mechanical pulses and relentless thuds, accentuated throughout by dreamlike patterns and psychedelic touches.
Markey’s presence in electronic and techno music has seen a steady trajectory since he started to DJ in 2012 at KUPS in Tacoma, no small debt to his seemingly effortless sets that bounce and flow with fluidity. Joining up with secondnature in 2013 as a resident, booker and sound engineer, this led to an EP in 2015 and bills on both coasts with acts such as Tin Man, Cassegrain, and SHXCXCHCXSH to name a few.
Archivist plays MOTOR January 7th at Kremwerk and has his second release slated for early this year.
1. Robert Redford - The Language and Music of the Wolves (Archivist Edit) - [Tonsil Records]/no label
2. Seattle Phonographers' Union - Magnuson Park Hangar Building 27 WP5 - [Prefecture Music]
3. Bleaching Agent - Ivlap - [Field Records]
4. Guy Andrews - Textures - [Hemlock Recordings]
5. Opuswerk - C(2)m - [Knotweed Records]
6. Unknown Artist - Without an Answer - [The Secret Initiative]
7. Voiski - Galaxy Call - [Delsin]
8. AD/S - Transversal - [Avian]
9. Rødhåd - Newspeak - [Dystopian]
10. Rebeval - Chantage - [L.I.E.S]
11. Voiski - Ad Infinitum - [Construct Re-Form]
12. Boston 168 - Jupiter's Moons - [Involve Records]
13. Abdulla Rashim - A Shell of Speed - [Northern Electronics]
14. Iori - Monsoon - [Phonica White]
15. Inigo Kennedy - Insist - [Prosthetic Pressings]
Download Link: https://soundcloud.com/motor-collective/mtrmx014
Podcast RSS: itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/motor…otor/id955329106